

The top page is my own sketch challenge for November. The layout sketch is from pagemaps.com, although I rotated the sketch 90 degrees to accommodate a horizontal 5x7 photo. For the second page, I used paper from the same pack and more pictures.
The colorful paper is from a Rob and Bob Studio paper paper pack (by ProvoCraft from a couple years ago). The flourish and the "arrow" stamps are from Hero Arts (Fantastic Flourishes and Fancy Scrolls, respectively) and the title letters are Spunky alphabet ( from CTMH), all stamped in CTMH's Moonstruck. The title box is sponged with Crystal Blue and the journaling box is sponged with Petal (both CTMH).
This picture was taken at a friend's birthday party in June (photo by said friend's mother). It was Julia's first time in a swimming pool. The water was about 2-1/2 feet deep, about up to her armpits, but with the help of water wings and the froggie ring, she managed it quite well. "I swimming!" she would proudly announce. After a while she got brave enough to lean on the froggie ring and lift both her legs off the ground, into a pike position. The bigger kids splashing and making waves only added to her fun. The only words that would get her to come out were "lunchtime" and "time for cake."


2 comments:
Would love to see the pictures, but for some reason, I'm only seeing red x-s instead of pictures. Includes your blog header picture, too.
Loved your story though! I well remember that happening! :o)
How strange, after I left this comment, I went back to the blog and the pictures were there!
GREAT layouts!! I love that paper!
Post a Comment