Wednesday, August 19

First Grade!

Today is Aaron's first day of first grade! He is so excited to carry a lunch box to school. I hope he's just as excited to bring it back home (LOL). We met his teacher Monday night at the Open House for the school. She seems very nice and organized, so I'm certain she'll make sure all the lunch boxes are sent home.

Aaron didn't want me to walk him to school, so I said that was OK as long as a could take a picture first:

And here he is on his way!

Of course Julia wanted to go to school, too, and was disappointed when I announced that school wouldn't start for her for three weeks yet. She seemed to take it in stride (you never know with her whether she'll accept it or scream), but I don't think she has the concept of a "week" yet. Anyway, she'll be excited to go when her turn comes regardless.

Happy First Day of School to you whenever it arrives!


1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Yay, Aaron! Hope you had a wonderful first day of first grade. You are such a big boy walking to school on your own.

Hope you have a super school year.

Great pictures, Mom! *Ü*