Wednesday, December 10

Anniversary Card

My parents celebrated their 40th (ruby) anniversary last month. We three kids got together and bought an engraved vase and filled it with flowers. My sister ordered the vase and some personalized M&Ms and later we two girls met up at a Hobby Lobby approximately halfway between our homes to pick out a variety of red silk flowers for the vase. By the time we were done shopping, my two kids and her son (6, almost 4 and almost 2, respectively) had worked themselves into a frenzy and were screaming in fun. I mentioned to the checkout lady that she was probably glad to see us go. She said that she didn't mind happy screaming and that yesterday all the kids were unhappily crying, so it was a welcome change.
Back to the presents: my brother made a red velvet cake (using two bottles of red food coloring... ouch!) and I made this card for us all to sign.

It's a 5x7 and it uses a lot of scraps from my collection (I'm always happy when I use up a bit of scraps). The "love" paper is from a DCWV Mat Stack of various holidays/special occasions. The buttons are from my stash (I think they mismatched a red dress I bought once and so Ms. Perfectionist had to go buy better buttons for it). "Happy Anniversary" is a stamp from Hobby Lobby. I stamped it with VersaMark and then used clear embossing powder on it. Inspired by my friend, Jeanne, I then used a brayer and put CTMH Cranberry ink over it. So I can say that I've finally used that brayer I've had hanging around too!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful! Is that the reason behind the Hawaii trip they made?

Love all the little details...and thanks for letting me know I inspired you in some small fashion. (hee hee)