Thursday, December 18

The Gift

I finally mailed off all the presents yesterday (stood in line for 20 minutes at the P.O.) That being said, and from the StatCounter website I know that the recipient doesn't read my blog, I think it's safe to post this now.























A college buddy of ours (my hubby and I both went to the same college) recently had his first child, a girl. It's kind of funny that my first was born the year that his baseball team (the Angels) won the World Series and his first was born the year my baseball team (the Phillies) won. I wanted to make something for their little bundle of joy, and decided on this. It's not really pink or blue because they were waiting to find out the sex of the baby, so I did everything but the name (then chose pink) and chose a pink mat for it.

Supplies for card:
DCWV Mat Stack for occasions (words on top)
Basic Grey "Urban Prairie" 8x8 paper pack (darker pink bottom)
CTMH White Daisy, Hollyhock and Blush cardstock
Paper Shapers corner punch (scalloped border)
CTMH "Kid Power" (retired) stamp set
CTMH Spring Iris, Buttercup, Blush and Hollyhock (sponged scallops) inkpads
CTMH Chocolate marker (branch)
Fiskars "Round of Applause" stamp set
VersaMark watermark ink
CTMH white embossing powder

So that's the other cross-stitch project that has kept me from doing some scrapbooking. After Christmas I'll need to clean up all the wrapping paper from my ping-pong table and then I can get back to it. Until then, Happy Christmas!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

You did a great job on this project! I admire your patience (because I know just how much is needed to create a project like this). Congrats to your friends!