Monday, October 22

Mommy & Me


One night I had the crazy notion that I wanted a picture of Aaron and me in our bare feet and blue jeans. I set up the camera on a tripod for my husband so he could take the picture. For some reason it is a bit grainy, but somehow that just adds to the image, in my opinion.

The picture is a B&W 5x7, with a color 4x6 torn on the sides and placed on top of the B&W. (Hint: spray any torn pictures with a sealant, like Krylon's "Preserve It!", or the torn edges will keep disintegrating and get white lint all over.)

I shopped around for some denim accents to make this page. The stripes at the top are a piece of patterned paper. Another piece of denim patterned paper serves as the background. The letter stickers are clear, printed in brown, so I backed them with white cardstock so the letters wouldn't be striped. The overalls strap is a clear sticker that also came with some button stickers, which cover up some unwanted clutter in the background of the photo.

No comments: