Wednesday, April 9

World's Largest Crop pages

Last weekend was World's Largest Crop, an annual event sponsored by local Creative Memories consultants. 1500 people under one roof making scrapbook pages. I caught up with a couple of old friends and had a great time while I made nine scrapbook pages (that's a lot for me in one day). It's also a chance to take a break from the daily routine and let Daddy take care of the kids (which he did well: he took them kite flying at the park). I posted five pages; the other four aren't anything special in my opinion.



These two I started at my regular Friday night crop, but finished at the big crop. Some of the pictures already have been posted on my blog under the title "Snowman Hill"; I liked the sound of that so I used it for the album pages, too.

The light blue snow paper and the snowman are from a kit I bought years ago and recently unearthed while I was changing over to a new system of paper storage. I thought it would look great with the snowman pictures. The title is cut from cardstock after tracing with an alphabet template. The journal box I made yesterday with my stamps.

Supplies:
snow paper, white CS, orange CS, black CS: Leaving Prints (company now defunct I understand); dark CS from my stash

stamps: CTMH Flurries and The Beauty of Christmas (both retired)

ink: second generation Lilac Mist and Spring Iris; black pen




This is the second kit I bought years ago, etc. I had to resize the fireplace because the original took up most of the page, leaving no room for pictures (and even I didn't leave much). It's not my style to have the embellishments outshine the pictures, but once in a while it's OK.

Supplies:
green plaid paper, cardstock: Leaving Prints kit
red paper (for letters): My Mind's Eye
Stockings, holly leaves, presents, pattern for fireplace and tree: Leaving Prints kit
Fireplace cardstock sponged with Desert Sand ink
Captions written with a silver Creative Memories pen



This is the last page of my 2007 album. (All my friends--OK, all but Jeanne-- are so jealous that I'm practically caught up!) The four pages I skipped use similar paper and are more Christmas pictures.

Supplies:
red holly paper: Paper Pizazz/Hot off the Press
cream holly paper: Die Cuts with a View
green CS from my stash
embellishments are from the same Leaving Prints Christmas kit
black pen


1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Wow NINE pages!?! That's awesome! You know before I saw the credits, I thought some of that paper looked like LP stuff. Sad to know the company no longer exists.

Love the photo of you with the snowmen. You and your family are all SO photogenic!

Oh and what are you doing for paper storage now? Would love to hear.

Congrats again on a fun and successful crop!