Tuesday, April 1

The Denver Auto Show

Last Friday my parents, invited the kids and me to the Denver Auto Show. Last year they had gone by themselves, I think because my dad was looking to replace his 19-year-old Mazda 323. The result? He got a brand-new red Mazda Miata for his 65th birthday the following week and Aaron got a stack of car brochures which he just devoured (an Asperger's thing--his mom really likes cars, too).

At first, the kids were excited because we were going to ride in Grandma and Papa's van (a Honda Odyssey). Once Aaron stepped inside the showcase floor, all I heard was a loud "Wowwwww!" Grandma said she wanted to start with the new Honda Odyssey, and so our adventure began!


After visiting the Hondas, the Mini Coopers caught Aaron's eye. Here he is in a red convertible one.

Aaron's favorite: the Mazdaspeed 3. He spent more time in this car than any other, and after we went on to other cars, he kept asking to go back to the Mazdas!

As soon as I get the camera to focus on Julia, she's off on another adventure. She's in the red Mazda here, too, in the backseat.

I almost got her face. Here's Julia checking out a new Toyota Sienna (another of Grandma's favorites).

Now we get to the good car: a white Porsche!

Julia in the white Porsche.

Another family favorite car to look at: a Chrysler PT Cruiser.

The New Volkswagen Beetle. The kids are tickled that our new neighbor owns a blue one!

Julia had fun just getting in and out! She can't manage the pull-up door handles on our Subaru, but the pull-out handles on most of the new cars she mastered quickly.

Those are some of the photos that turned out. My camera had a hard time focusing on things, perhaps because of all the glare spots on the cars, I don't know. So pictures of other Mini Coopers, Hondas, Subarus, Chryslers and Mazdas were just blurs.

On the other hand, the kids each got a small red basketball (courtesy of State Farm) and a small Hummer which, after one pulls it backwards a bit, zooms forward on its own. Aaron also got a new stack of car brochures, which he wants us to read to him for his bedtime story! He also keeps asking to go back to the car show, so I have to explain that we can go again next year because now it's moved on to another city so that other little boys can have fun driving them.

Hope you enjoyed these Grammy!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

These are some FUN photos! I never would have thought the kids would enjoy an event like this, but I guess when you can get into and out of cars, the fun factor rises considerably!

Glad you ALL had a good time. :o)