Friday, February 1

A Couple of Cards




This first card is one I made for my sister's son's first birthday. He's the first nephew I've had the privilege to know, as some bad circumstances resulted in the loss of life and custody of my other two (my husband's brother's sons). In short, it's weird to write "Aunt Becky" and "nephew" since I'm just not used it!

The card uses ink colors of Buttercup, Sweet Leaf, Twilight and Chocolate (a combo found in the new catalog) and cardstock of the first three colors. The stamp sets are Happy Birthday, Sweet Occasions (retired) and Solos 1, S and T (the combined "st" in the Solos 1 set was too small). The inside with his name is the E-set Boutique. (As a side note, I love that they just released a number set to match!)

This last card is one I made for my friend and new CTMH consultant (as my previous one has recently quit the company). In fact, if I remember correctly, her birthday is today! Happy Birthday Felicia! The stamp sets are: the special release of Serendipity (flower petals and center) and the leaves are from last January's special release, Promise of Spring, and Happy Birthday. Colors are Twilight (again), Garden Green, Orchid Bouquet and Vanilla Cream (another combo found in CTMH's Idea Book and Catalog). The larger middle circle is a second-generation stamped circle because the cardstock just didn't match the ink color, in my opinion. The brads are from my stash and are not CTMH, but I can't remember where I found them. It may have been eyeletoutlet.com, because they are different from the Spare Parts brads I usually get at Hobby Lobby.

No comments: