Thursday, March 6

Blue and Pink



These two pages I worked on at a crop last week. I didn't get very far with the blue page, other than deciding what pictures I wanted on it. (The two photos on the right are Julia and Aaron playing with the electronic toys they got for their birthdays. Julia has a V-Tech laptop and Aaron has a Leap Frog Leapster.) Nothing was coming to me, so I moved on to the pink page. I had much better luck with it and finished it and two more. Yesterday, I came back to the blue page and finished it.

The pink page's top and bottom border paper (which has the manufacturer listed on the back because it's not on the piece that's left) has glitter on it. Maybe you can see it if you click on the picture to get a enlarged version. The top left picture is Julia and Aaron craning their necks to watch the TV behind them, snuggling under Julia's birthday cat blanket. Top right is Julia enjoying leftover birthday cake. Bottom left is Julia playing with the Backyardigans (a favorite preschool TV show) and bottom right is a discovery I made when I walked into Julia's room one day: she had lined up some stuffed animals on her windowsill.

Supplies:
Blue:

Paper: blue cardstock and light blue dotted paper from my stash; white inkjet paper (stamped)

Ink: VersaMark (blue cardstock), Crystal Blue, Dutch Blue, Moonstruck, black pen

Stamp sets: Endless Love (Feb. stamp of the month), Kid Power, Weathered Backgrounds (blue cardstock)

Pink:

Paper: patterned glittery paper from either Michaels or Jo-Ann, pink cardstock from my stash, pink plaid by Colorbök.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Love that pink paper with the glitter on it! So sweet and sparkly. The photos are great, too. Julia lining up her toys reminds me of the story you recently told me about how you used to do the same with yours....

Love the picture of the kids playing with their electronic toys! That they can sit together and play is so sweet!

Great layouts as usual, Becky!