

Those of you who have read from the beginning will know that Julia's baby album has a theme of purple and lavender butterflies. So whenever I see anything with lavender butterflies, whether it's the shirt that Julia's wearing (in the photos and today, too) or scrapbook paper, it almost always ends up in my shopping cart.
These two are the other pages I completed at a crop last week, with the exception of the journaling box which I did today on the computer. It reads, or will as soon as I replace it (yes, I goofed and didn't realize it until I went to take a picture of the second page):
Getting Julia to sit still for a formal picture is nearly impossible, as this sequence demonstrates. As soon as I frame a shot, she shifts to one side or the other. When I do get her in the frame, I can’t focus the camera because she’s rocking back and forth. When I finally get a frame and focused, she’s lost interest and a leg comes up to block her face. I get her to hold a stuffed cat and some other toys. It works, and at the far right is the final selection. [This is a two-page spread, so the bottom right photo of the bottom page is the one to which I'm referring.]
Supplies:
Paper: Butterfly paper by ProvoCraft; lavender cardstock by Creative Memories; Vellum by CTMH (the best vellum for computer printing that I've found)
Brads: Spare Parts
Vellum is sprayed with Krylon's Preserve It! to protect the ink from being smeared (smelly but worth it!)
Font: Worstveld Sling Extra found on the internet (frame created by my word processing software)


1 comment:
Great photos to show Julia's personality! Love the butterfly paper, I almost thought you stamped it til I read the credits.
Great work on this layout!
Post a Comment